The Toothbrush & Toothpaste Model
This is an interesting & a very very effective MARKETING MODEL where there are two parts (Toothbrush & Toothpaste).
As per Doctors, the thing is very clear that it is the TOOTHBRUSH that does most of the WORK (95%) and TOOTHPASTE plays a role of just 5% in the process of TEETH CLEANING.
What this model is all about?
This model is all about MARKETING & its impact on consumer. This model tells us that if we market something very heavily then we can increase the market acceptance of that thing from 5% to 95% and make the people believe that this thing is worth and they cannot live without it.
Lets understand this Marketing Model in detail:
In this model, If we see the big picture then the revenue generated from Thoothpaste is much more than the Revenue generated from Toothbrushes. You can understand it in a way that toothbrush is very durable and often lasts for at least 2-3 months. Whereas the toothpaste purely depends on the consumption and lasts only upto 1-2 weeks.
The toothbrush is often cheap as you can get a very good quality toothbrush for just $1-$2 however companies do not make much profit through by selling toothbrush. Secondly the sale volume of toothbrushes is very low as compared to toothpastes which is why toothbrushes does not make much revenue.
Here comes the toothpaste to SAVE the companies and to generate profits $$ because toothpaste is there for consumption and often lasts a week or two depending upon the usage. Even if the toothpaste is priced lower than the toothbrush, the consumption rate is so high, the volume of sales makes it all work.
QUESTION: If toothpaste does not make much differenc ein tooth cleaning then why does a customer pays more & frequent for the toothpastes rather than toothbrushes??
ANSWER: This is because the MARKETING MODEL of these companies is so strong that the customers are psychologically made to think that it is the toothpaste that plays the vital role whereas the toothbrush is not of much use. The companies use TV, Internet, Radio, Print & all other form of marketing to CHANGE THE MINDSET OF A CUSTOMER and to make him think that TOOTHPASTE is the king & must be used.
1. If your business model is similar to the above where customer knows that a product is not much worth and you want to make more money or profit then you have to educate your customers through MARKETING channels and pump in the information which you want them to believe and pump it 1000 times until your customer accepts it as a truth & a basic necessity.
2. Well a lie never works in business. If your product is worthless and it cannot add a value to the customer then no matter what you do, no matter what kind of promotion you do, you will fail to educate a customer. Make sure your product adds some value to a customer's life then only you can enhance that value from 5% to 90% through marketing channels.
3. The toothbrush and toothpaste marketing model is an example on how to change the psychology of a customer and how to enhance the value of anything from 5% to 90% through marketing channels.
1. Even though this Toothbrush & Toothpaste is an interlocking model but without marketing it is purely a Loss Leading or a risky Model.
2. Thus without marketing (Extensive Marketing) this model will not work. Marketing is a must for this model to work for a profit making business.
Should you need a consultation for your business whether its Sales & Marketing or to Raise the Funds $$ or to know how to Acquire Customers or for any other business or startup consultation. Follow the link below.