I think we all think that we know people better than other because we have seen the world but that is not true, everyone has their share of learning. I have noted some points and would like to share with you all so that you can little understand more about people from my perspective along with yours.
1. If response time is too high, you should be very careful. If response time is very less, again, be careful.
2. The more a person discuss (conversation), the more you get to know about him and this helps you to take calculative decisions.
3. If that person is asking sensible questions, chances are that he has good knowledge of what he is up to & he will pay.
4. If a person is in hurry and agreeing to whatever you say or ask ($), there are more than 97% chances that he is not going to pay anything.
5. ALWAYS ASK FOR AN UPFRONT $$ EVEN WHEN THE OTHER PARTY IS NOT COMFORTABLE WITH.
6. MAKE MULTIPLE MILESTONES & SET $$ FOR EACH MILESTONE. THIS WAY YOU ARE GOING TO GET PAID FOR THE WORK YOU
DO IN CHUNKS AND IT MINIMIZES THE RISK.
P.S. This world is a small place. What goes around comes around for sure. Karmic debts have to be paid in this lifetime. Heaven & Hell is here only. Today if someone cheats you even for $10, you will, for sure, get something worth $100 and that person, for sure, is going to lose $100 somewhere.